Thursday, June 24, 2010

Kelly Gray: USA! USA! USA!

Now that's what I’m talking about. LD Stepped up and really showed that he is one of the best players in the world. The whole team really impressed me.

It seemed like Algeria kind of gave up and just wanted to stop the US from going through. That being the case, I am glad that we handed it to them.

And what is going on with these refs? I mean come on! Another goal called back for offsides when it was very clear that that wasn’t the case. I think people just have it out for our boys!

After watching all of the games thus far I am thinking that Holland are the frontrunners right now. They cruised to an easy win against Cameroon today, leaving the Orange undefeated thus far. I was really impressed with some of there play and the fact that they got Robben back today is a huge boost for them.

Defending champs Italy are out? And runners up France too? What is going on?

I have to say I am glad that France crumbled. They were all acting like little children and I was glad to see that it translated to the field.

Italy put up a good fight against Slovakia and came close to advancing, but I think in the end they just weren’t able to put the ball in the net, and, in this game, that is all that matters.

OK, on to what is really important…US vs. Ghana. I think this is a great matchup for our boys. I think that the US are looking forward to some payback for the last World Cup and coming off that dramatic win over Algeria, their confidence will be sky high.

Individually, our players are more talented and i's just a question of if we can put the right performance together.

I can’t wait for Saturday and will be wearing my red, white and blue!

Stay tuned for more of my opinions and as always be sure to follow me on twitter at @kelg22 and check my personal blog TheTotalFootballer. You can also email me at thetotalfootballer@gmail.com.

USA!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment